Monday 27 January 2014

Now it's 50 Shades of CHAV: Single mother-of-four publishes her saucy tales of sex on a Gateshead council estate

A single mother-of-four’s saucy tales of sex on a council estate have been published as a book
Mel Dutton, 37, caused an internet sensation by writing about her own X-rated adventures with her fictional partner 'chav Barry' around her home in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
Now, the stories - which were first called 'Fifty Shades Of Chav' after the hit EL James series ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ - are available to read in paperback under the new title ‘Mel & Barry’.

Miss Dutton said: ‘I got the delivery of the books just before in December and it was like all my Christmases coming at once. I was over the moon.
‘It's been nearly two years now since it first started and I think back to all the times I was going to give up and I didn't. To have the book finally in my hands is amazing.’
The author added that she has now gone beyond X-rated stories and takes a humorous look at all aspects of council estate life, based on her experiences living in the Dunston area of Gateshead.
Miss Dutton, who is mother to Mark, 16, Billy, 14, Jade, 13, and Lacie, two, said writing has become her escape from normal life.
She added that although she has always enjoyed putting pen to paper, it was only when she posted her stories online she realised she had a talent for making people laugh.

With chapters in the 110-page book called Giro Day, The Blaydon Bullies, Jezza Kyle Special and the Pervert 'n' the Course of Justice, many of the original stories have been re-vamped for publication.
She said: ‘I love the story about The Jeremy Kyle Show. The hardest thing to write though was the introduction about myself. Some of those issues I've not talked about in 20 years.’
After going to junior school in Gateshead, she, moved with her father Jimmy Dutton to Bow in East London age of 11 before moving back to the North-East six years ago to be closer to her family.
The book is available on Amazon for £5.99 in paperback or £2.05 as a Kindle download.
Fifty Shades of Grey is a trilogy of books written by British writer EL James. More than 70 million copies of the book have been sold worldwide since it was launched three years ago.
It detailed a love affair between a publishing graduate and a company CEO. A number of scenes were erotic and involved sadomasochist acts, which some readers found offensive.
Despite this, the book was very successful and is currently being adapted into a film directed by Sam Taylor-Wood, set to be released in February 2015 and starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan.
SNEAK PREVIEW: TWO EXCERPTS FROM MEL & BARRY BY MEL DUTTON

'Mr Barry needed his time alone when he was on the phone to the Samaritans it was only right. They didn't half kick him while he was down though cos just when he needed them most they'd changed their phone number.
'Instead of the Samaritans my Barry kept getting put through to a "Racy Stacey". I didn't mind though because my Barry said she was a dead good listener and at three quid a minute you'd expect em to have a good listening ear.
'Our Stevie-Leigh-Charlie-Harrie-Larrie-Leroy had nicked me a load of make-up out of Superdrug for Mothers' day so it weren't long til I looked liked Kat out of Eastenders.
'Mr Barry also said I looked like her with me make-up on but he'd always get his K's and P's the wrong way round.
'I didn't have time to put me extensions in or nothing cos I only had five more minutes to get ready and leave before my Barry was gonna go pure off it. I was that cold I had to keep pulling me boob tube dress up loadsa times while I waited for me taxi outside of next doors.'

'It was a hot humid Saturday nite and that could only mean one thing.. a few bottles of Lambrini from Costcutters.
'I'd got a loan off the Provi on Wednesday so I was going to treat my Barry to a crate of Stella.
'I'd dug out my whitest grey bra especially for the occasion.
'I returned home to find Barry bouncin' like a good'un around the kitchen.
'I asked him why he was so happy and he revealed his new Nike Air Max had been delivered out the catalogue.
'Life felt great. The combined sound of him slurpin' his Stella and the squeakiness from his Nike Air Max bouncin' up and down sent a shiver down my spine.
'Well actually he'd dribbled some Stella on me back but it only added to the excitement.
'He passionately grabbed my side pony tail to move me out of the way of the telly. I love it when he took remote control...'