Friday 17 January 2014

'Go on, you Muslim, die': Shocking moment smirking Lidl shop assistant racially abused a Muslim customer in row over plastic bags

This is the astonishing moment a female Lidl store assistant racially abused a Muslim customer. 
 Scroll down for video............
Witnesses who saw the drama unfold said the man got into an argument with the cashier in front of other customers because he did not know that carrier bags in the supermarket must be paid for.
The clip was taken at a store in Balsall Heath, Birmingham, - and not all the conversation is audible, but towards the end of the video, the cashier can be heard screeching: ‘Go on, you Muslim, die.’
The cashier repeatedly swears at the man in the clip taken on Tuesday, while customers watch, and describes him as an ‘arrogant Muslim’. At one point she appears to address him as ‘Mohammed’.A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: ‘He was confused that there were no carrier bags, and when he asked her for help she didn’t seem to have much time for him.
‘Then he made a comment about the way she was speaking to him and she just exploded.’
The man can be heard protesting, saying: ‘You’re having a bad day and you’re just taking it out on me’ - to which the cashier responds with: ‘I was having a good day until I saw your f***ing face.’
A Lidl spokesman told MailOnline: ‘We were extremely concerned to learn of this incident and we are looking into this as a matter of urgency with this store and the persons involved.


 
‘We expect a high level of customer service from all members of staff so we are very disappointed to see this and certainly do not condone the behaviour shown in this video.
‘We apologise to anyone who may have been offended or upset by this and we are now conducting an investigation as per our internal processes.’
Lidl, a German firm which first opened in Britain in 1994, says it has saved the disposal of millions of plastic bags by charging customers for them - with different sizes available for 3p, 5p, 9p and 89p.

 WHAT CAN BE HEARD IN ARGUMENT BETWEEN CASHIER AND CUSTOMER
CASHIER: 'Arrogant, arrogant, that's what he is. He's wasting time?'
MAN: 'I am wasting time?'
CASHIER: '£16.70. No, I am right. You don’t judge me and my personal life. You understand? You’re a customer. Just go, just go, just go. Listen, Mohammed. It’s arrogant. Ten years in this place.'
MAN: 'And you messed up one customer.'
CASHIER: 'Who are you? Who are you? Who are you to judge me?'
MAN: 'I judge you - the way you behave, that's why I judge you.'
CASHIER: 'How dare you judge me and my personal life. Who the f*** is he?'
MAN: 'See, she's having a bad day. Are you having a bad day?'
CASHIER: 'Are you Muslim? Are you Muslim? You're not a good Muslim. You're not a good Muslim.'
MAN: 'You're having a bad day and you're just taking it out on me.'
CASHIER: 'No, how dare you? He’s not bothering me. I’ve been here 10 years. I was having a good day until I saw your f***ing face. Go. Go. Go on, you Muslim, die. Arrogant man. Arrogant Muslim man.'